Saturday, July 14, 2007

My very First tri!!! ♥






My first tri was the hardest thing I probably ever done!! I was OK till I had to get in the water and started swimming, then I got really nervous. I was the last person in the pool.

Then I went on my bike portion. The people said that it would be pretty flat, but it wasn't. It was down hill when you first started then it was all up hill when you had to turn around! I had to do four laps, I was really tired. When you drive the course it looks sort of easy but when you really get on it, it's really hard!

Then the run, when I first got off my bike I had very wobbly legs and then I headed out. I was lacking on energy, I felt as if I was going to vomit, and I really needed some water. When I took a little bit of the energy gel stuff, I was gonna throw up (literally) but I didn't. I had to do two laps of the run! A very sweet girl, named Hahna, she walked with me on the run. She was done already but it wasn't her first one and she started before my group. On the 2nd lap my sister and Maylice (the French student) ran/walked with me. I had just barely enough energy to run across the finish line. I was the very last person to cross it. But that's not the focus, it's that I finished!

For the transition I had a list of what to do in order, but I didn't need it. My Dad was so excited, maybe even more than me (just kidding). After the race we went home, my parents took a very long nap, I took a shower, and then we went out to lunch. We went to Sweet Tomatoes to celebrate my finishing!






Now I can say that I'm a Triathlete!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations KK!!! Way to go!

Great race report and pictures, too.

Tea said...

YOU ROCK!!
Congrats! I am SO EXCITED for you! WOO HOOO!!!

(btw-sweet tomatoes is my FAVORITE restaurant)

Kate said...

Kelly!

Girl, nice job on the race. You are right, finishing is ALWAYS what matters. You definitely are a triathlete! Keep up the good work!

Di said...

OH KELLY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I got all teary eyed with joy for you! Your Mom and Dad must be beaming with pride!! Way to go and push through the tough parts!! I'm adding you to my blog so that I can remember to check on you through your journeys. Way to go Miss NEW TRIATHLETE!!!

Tracy said...

Excellent!! You kick butt chica, way to go!!

Bigun said...

Great job - you rock - the Tri-family 2 generations....cool!

Wrenched Photography said...

at job on your first tri!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! You Go, Girl!!

Flo said...

Kelly, Congrats on your first tri!!! You did awesome!!! I bet your dad is extremely proud of you. Good job girl!!!!!

Wes said...

Way to go, Kelly! You are an inspiration to so many people. A triathlete keeps on keepin on! and that's what you did!! There are a lot of people that are proud of you, today! We will carry this with us for a long time. Thanks for the mojo, kiddo!!

Wes said...

Oh, and Kelly, I forgot to mention for future reference. When someone says something is flat...laugh....

KrissyGo! said...

GRRRRL! You are a rockstar!

*backflips* *backflips*

Congrats! What an achievement!

LBTEPA said...

CONGRATULATIONS TRIATHLETE KELLY!

Brigitte said...

congratulations Kelly. What a great achivement. You must be very proud.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Great job! Way to hang in there!

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

You know, Kelly, the true markings of an exceptional person is how they measure themselves. Truly strong and smart people know that what matters is what *they* feel, not how others choose to measure them.

Bravo, sweets. BRAVO!! You did great and you know it!! Good for you.

So...when's the next one??? :p

M said...

Kelly -
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great race report! You'll find that it doesn't matter when you cross, as long as you do, and I don't even know but I am so proud of what you did!!!!!! Hoepfully this is the start of a long and successful tri career!!!!!

Jess Hogue said...

Way to go Kelly!!!!

Clapping and cheering from over here!!!

YEAH!!!
Jess

Brent Buckner said...

Great work out there and a fine write-up!

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Kelly!

I think people all over the world are so happy for you!

There is so much to think of and do correctly in a triathlon. It can be overwhelming! But you did it! You kept moving forward through the fear and the upset stomach and the wobbly legs.

GREAT JOB!

Mary

bigmike600 said...

"VERY MUCH LOUD CLAPPING"
Super nice job. If triathlons were easy, everyone would do them. You did great and you finished. I did my first one this weekend too and the swim was scary but I overcame that like you did. You have your dad's good attitude and we can't wait for the next race report. Good Job.

KrissyGo! said...

AND you made RaceAthlete?!?!?!

You're a bigger rockstar than I thought!

Super kudos to you!

Podium quest said...

Oh wow. I'm so happy for you. that is such an amazing and difficult success! So did you get the triathlon bug?

TriShannon said...

Congratulations Kelly!

Iron Eric said...

Very nice! You did such an outstanding job!!